Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a strong tea served in Israel and middle east. I am posting this at the request of my Eldest daughter who loves this Tea and was afraid of loosing the family recipe, such as it is.
- Set the tea kettle on bringing fresh water to a boil.
- Meanwhile rest a tea strainer into the top of your teapot and place the tea and cardomon into the tea strainer.
- When the water comes to a boil slowly pour it over the tea into the teapot till the teapot is full.
- Put the lid on and let it rest 3-5 minutes.
- Remove strainer.
- Serve hot tea with sugar and cream to taste. We like it sweet and creamy.
so simple & delicious. i'm a huge fan of cardamom. the cream makes it so comforting. just what i needed on a cold winter day. made for Exploring UAE in the NA/ME Forum.
Delish and the smell of the cardamom is beautiful. I made a version of this with English Breakfast tea bags, 3 cardamom pods lightly crushed, because I love cardamom and because I wasn't sure 3 seeds was correct. I used honey instead of sugar to be healthier but would use white sugar next time because I didn't like the honey flavour in this. I used a bit of heavy cream as that is what I had. I will make this again!!
Great stuff ! I found the cardamom in the bulk spices at Whole Foods.I made my tea with Earl Gray. I used Fat Free Half and Half and honey. Thank you for sharing this one.