Hey Jude's Note:
I found this easy, tasty recipe in a Chicago Sun-Times article on Passover recipes. You don't have to be Jewish to enjoy this one! This salad goes very well with grilled chicken or served on lettuce leaves for a light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 long English cucumber
- 8-10 plum tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into a small dice
- 118.29 ml chopped onion, either red,white or yellow (red looks nice in this)
- 473.18 ml diced peeled jicama
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 29.58-59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Peel cucumber, if desired, and cut into a small dice.
- 2Mix cucumber with tomatoes, onion, jicama and parsley.
- 3Add oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Serve cold or at room temperature.
- 5*note,cut the vegetables no larger than 1/2 inch dice.
- 6If you're making the salad more than a few hours ahead, don't add the salt until ready to serve or it will make the vegetables watery.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Israeli Salad with Jicama
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g