Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this easy, tasty recipe in a Chicago Sun-Times article on Passover recipes. You don't have to be Jewish to enjoy this one! This salad goes very well with grilled chicken or served on lettuce leaves for a light lunch.
- 1 long English cucumber
- 8-10 plum tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into a small dice
- 118.29 ml chopped onion, either red,white or yellow (red looks nice in this)
- 473.18 ml diced peeled jicama
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 29.58-59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumber, if desired, and cut into a small dice.
- Mix cucumber with tomatoes, onion, jicama and parsley.
- Add oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- *note,cut the vegetables no larger than 1/2 inch dice.
- If you're making the salad more than a few hours ahead, don't add the salt until ready to serve or it will make the vegetables watery.