Recipe by Rikal
Every Israeli mother makes this when in a hurry or lazy. Great for parties or the Shavuot holiday. You can make it as small or as large as you need. There are also many ways to make it less rich to cut down calories but the taste will be affected. I often drizzle flavors on the top and between layers like maple syrup, silan (date honey), fig honey, dulce de leche or chocolate sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (500 g) packagescassata or petit burre biscuits
- 500 g white cheese (9%)
- 230 ml plain yogurt
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 (250 ml) container whipping cream or 1 (250 ml) containerfull fat cream cheese spread
- 12 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding (2 80g packages)
- 1 (230 ml) container plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the milk in a shallow dish.
- Dip cookies in milk and line bottom and sides of pan.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread half of the mixture evenly over cookies.
- Dip more cookies in milk to cover cheese mixture.
- Spread the rest of the cheese mixture on top of cookie layer.
- Dip and lay a third layer of cookies.
- Spread the last container of yogurt evenly over the final layer of cookies.
- Crumble more biscuits over the topping.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove ahead of time if frozen.