1/1 Photo of Israeli Orange Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
A kosher recipe, but you don't have to make it kosher in order to enjoy it. I haven't tried it yet, but I am planning to. My mother found this recipe on a website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Insert one whole orange in the chicken. Place in roasting pan, breast side down, and surround it with onion slices.
- 3Mix juice with ginger and pour over chicken. Roast uncovered at 350 degree F for 1/2 an hour.
- 4Remove chicken from the oven, turn over, and smear with honey. Surround the chicken with second orange slices and return to oven.
- 5After five minute, baste with wine and orange juice. If browning occurs to quickly, cover with foil.
- 6Baste again after 1/2 hour, continue cooking until drumsticks are removed easily, about 1 more hour.
- 7Remove the orange from the chicken, and slice it. Garnish with herbs as per taste. (this is unclear to me, but it may refer to salt and pepper).
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Israeli Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 32.0 g