Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little time-consuming to prepare, but definitely worth it. You could dress the salad with sour cream, yogurt, or mayonnaise thinned with a little lemon juice instead of the Tahini Cream Salad Dressing if you wish. The Tahini Dressing is excellent by itself served with wedges of pita bread.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium seedless European cucumber
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 large raw carrot, peeled
- 1 large raw beet, peeled
- 1 -2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 medium potatoes, parboiled (still somewhat firm)
- 1 large mild onion (Burmuda or Spanish)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
Tahini Cream Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons fine chopped parsley
- To prepare the dressing, process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy, and then set aside.
- Slice the carrot and beet into a food processor and pulse on and off until diced.
- Dice all the other ingredients by hand.
- Mix them all, except for the chopped eggs, gently in a salad bowl and dress with Tahini Cream Salad Dressing.
- Toss and sprinkle the top with diced eggs.