Mary Leverington's Note:
A little time-consuming to prepare, but definitely worth it. You could dress the salad with sour cream, yogurt, or mayonnaise thinned with a little lemon juice instead of the Tahini Cream Salad Dressing if you wish. The Tahini Dressing is excellent by itself served with wedges of pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium seedless European cucumber
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 large raw carrot, peeled
- 1 large raw beet, peeled
- 1 -2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 medium potatoes, parboiled (still somewhat firm)
- 1 large mild onion (Burmuda or Spanish)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
Tahini Cream Salad Dressing
- 1To prepare the dressing, process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy, and then set aside.
- 2Slice the carrot and beet into a food processor and pulse on and off until diced.
- 3Dice all the other ingredients by hand.
- 4Mix them all, except for the chopped eggs, gently in a salad bowl and dress with Tahini Cream Salad Dressing.
- 5Toss and sprinkle the top with diced eggs.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Israeli Mixed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 433.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g