Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little time-consuming to prepare, but definitely worth it. You could dress the salad with sour cream, yogurt, or mayonnaise thinned with a little lemon juice instead of the Tahini Cream Salad Dressing if you wish. The Tahini Dressing is excellent by itself served with wedges of pita bread.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium seedless European cucumber
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 large raw carrot, peeled
- 1 large raw beet, peeled
- 1 -2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 medium potatoes, parboiled (still somewhat firm)
- 1 large mild onion (Burmuda or Spanish)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
Tahini Cream Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons fine chopped parsley
- To prepare the dressing, process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy, and then set aside.
- Slice the carrot and beet into a food processor and pulse on and off until diced.
- Dice all the other ingredients by hand.
- Mix them all, except for the chopped eggs, gently in a salad bowl and dress with Tahini Cream Salad Dressing.
- Toss and sprinkle the top with diced eggs.
Because of the Tahini Dressing, this Israeli salad was so much more deliciously Middle Eastern than the others listed. Left out the potatoes & beets, tho, that was questionable to me.. Revised the salad by: Adding 1C Italian Parsley, 30 Kalamatas and extra garlic in the dressing. So many vegetables can be experimented with in this salad! Thanks.