Recipe by Maxxr
This is from "Gatherings", a professional quality recipe book published by the parents of Netivot HaTorah Day School in Thornhill, Ont.
Top Review by day-hee
I loved the dressing for this salad - light and sweet, though I did cut the sugar almost in half as I felt that it was a lot for the amount of liquid ingredients in it. The sweet corn was a really nice addition, and next time I think that I'll add some more chopped vegetables, like cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups israeli couscous
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small jar or cruet, combine dressing ingredients. Cover. Shake well. Set aside.
- Boil couscous in water for 5 to 7 minutes until just tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water.
- In serving bowl, mix couscous with corn, pepper and onion.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture. Mix well.