Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A combination of several favorite recipes all in one! Israeli coucous is larger than regular coucous and can be found in the kosher section of the grocery store.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package israeli couscous
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 6 ounces fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook coucous according to package directions, drain and rinse in cool water.
- Combine remaining ingredients and cover and chill till ready to eat.
THis was very very good... I didi triple the sauce and left out the tomatoes and olives...
it was great even with leaving out those items...
This is an easy salad to prepare and its good too!! Used fresh basil instead of tarragon and next time I may add some fresh garlic to add some more flavor. Don't skimp on the feta cheese and olives, as they add alot of flavor also. Another thought, I might use those salty greek olives they sell at the olive bars instead of regular canned black olives to increase the flavor as well. One more thing, I would decrease the amount of tomatoes and increase the amount of feta cheese next time, just personal preference.
This was really light and refreshing. Made it with whole wheat couscous and with basil instead of the tarragon and oregano. I added some mustard and salt to the dressing as well. I will make this again for sure. Thanks for sharing.