Across the Ocean's Note:
A recipe request From "A taste of Shabbos" an Aish Hatorah cookbook. (I changed the instructions since the first review)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan on a low flame melt the chocolate, cocoa, water and sugar until the sugar melts.
- 2Add margarine (cut into chunks) and simmer on low flame until margarine melts.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Place in refrigerator until chocolate mixture cools.
- 5With a fork beat egg yolks, rum and wine. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- 6In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 7Fold in flour and baking powder.
- 8Add white batter to 3/4 of chocolate mixture, reserving remaining 1/3 for icing.
- 9Pour the cake into an 8 inch by 8 inch pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 10While cake is still warm, pour remaining chocolate mixture over it for instant icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Israeli Chocolate Cake With Instant Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3903.2
- Calories from Fat 1847
- Total Fat 205.3 g
- Saturated Fat 38.0 g
- Cholesterol 846.0 mg
- Sodium 3504.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 462.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 302.0 g
- Protein 50.5 g