Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing, crunchy and healthy salad with one of my favorites: chickpeas! It's a good main-dish vegetarian salad, uses ingredients typically "on-hand" - and is delicious with pita chips! As you can imagine, it's awesome with garden-fresh veggies in the summer! Add black olives if desired.
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bermuda onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- Combine vegetables.
- Whisk together dressing and mix into vegetables.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for an hour or so before serving.
This is very light and refreshing and easy to put together. I made this as written, just cutting the oil down to 2 tbsp. I feel like this salad could have been a bit more flavorful..... like with the addition of chopped fresh herbs. Next time I wil add chopped parsley, cilantro or dill. Thanx!
This recipe was quick and easy to make. This recipe recommended to let it set for about 1 hour, but I like vinegar, and I thought that the salad tasted better on the second day after the salad could marinate in the dressing for a little extra time.
Refreshing and healthy! I added an orange bell pepper to the veggie mix and oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper to the dressing. This will become a regular addition to our menu!