Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a refreshing, crunchy and healthy salad with one of my favorites: chickpeas! It's a good main-dish vegetarian salad, uses ingredients typically "on-hand" - and is delicious with pita chips! As you can imagine, it's awesome with garden-fresh veggies in the summer! Add black olives if desired.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is very light and refreshing and easy to put together. I made this as written, just cutting the oil down to 2 tbsp. I feel like this salad could have been a bit more flavorful..... like with the addition of chopped fresh herbs. Next time I wil add chopped parsley, cilantro or dill. Thanx!
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bermuda onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar