Recipe by Miraklegirl
Breakfast was my favorite meal (by far) when in Israel. Salads and vegetables in general are very common for breakfast. This mixed cheese salad was a favorite and leaves lots of room for variations. Enjoy! (Cook time is just rest time)
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
This was delicious. Very refreshing and simple to make. It reminded me of a cucumber yogurt soup that I like to get in Indian restaurants. The lemon juice gives the cheeses that yogurty sort of tang. I know I will make this again too.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated and drained
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh mint (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise, score with the tines of a fork, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In mixing bowl combine the cheeses with the onion, green pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drain the cucumber and cut into small cubes.
- Mix into the cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a shallow serving bowl and garnish with the mint sprigs and let stand in a cool place for 1/2 hour before serving.