Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Want to get more greens into your children? Well this is the perfect cake recipe. Use any leafy green vegetable. This cake is not super-sweet so goes well with various icings. Can be made a mini-loaves or cupcakes. I freeze portions of this for school lunches.Perfect for St Patrick's Day!
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- Add spinach, olive oil, vanilla and lemon juice to a blender or food processor and blend to a puree.
- Add eggs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the spinach mixture. Fold together until uniform.
- Pour into greased 13"x 9" pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if fully cooked.
- Allow to cool.
- Can be eaten with whipped cream or a cream cheese icing.