Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love pasta. It's so versatile you could eat it every day of the week and not have the same dish twice. This dish is a throw-together type dish that is so easy. It's the 'whatever happens to be in the fridge or cupboard' type dish. You can add tuna, salmon, shrimp or even legumes as the protein, and any vegetable in the crisper, or none at all. Kick it up with more garlic and spices, or just salt and pepper. Your main ingredients form the staple of the recipe; pasta, egg and broth, and cheese.
- In a medium pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, cook pasta until desired tenderness.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil to large skillet; saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add green peppers, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Combine boiling water and chicken broth cube and add to skillet.
- Add cooked pasta, toss well to mix in vegetables.
- Stir in beaten eggs and continue to stir until eggs are cooked.
- Stir in cheese, basil and tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Although almost any type of pasta will do, the smaller sized pasta like macaroni and ditalini work best.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad.