I love pasta. It's so versatile you could eat it every day of the week and not have the same dish twice. This dish is a throw-together type dish that is so easy. It's the 'whatever happens to be in the fridge or cupboard' type dish. You can add tuna, salmon, shrimp or even legumes as the protein, and any vegetable in the crisper, or none at all. Kick it up with more garlic and spices, or just salt and pepper. Your main ingredients form the staple of the recipe; pasta, egg and broth, and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, cook pasta until desired tenderness.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat oil to large skillet; saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add green peppers, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- 3Combine boiling water and chicken broth cube and add to skillet.
- 4Add cooked pasta, toss well to mix in vegetables.
- 5Stir in beaten eggs and continue to stir until eggs are cooked.
- 6Stir in cheese, basil and tuna.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Note: Although almost any type of pasta will do, the smaller sized pasta like macaroni and ditalini work best.
- 9Serve with a nice tossed salad.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Isn't This Carbonara Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: