Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great snack to munch along with raw vegetables. Posted by request, yield was not noted on recipe. Source: Isle of Man Creamery
- 3 ounces butter (or margarine)
- 50 -75 g isle of man Mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces porridge oats
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Put butter, cheddar and honey into a saucepan over low heat; stir until melted.
- Add oats and blend thoroughly.
- Press mixture into well-greased 18cm square tin.
- Bake in 180C/350F oven or gas mark 4 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into fingers while still warm.
- Allow to cool before removing from baking tin. Store in airtight container.
I can't stop eating these! I have no idea what a mature Isle of Mann cheese tastes like but I went with a 2 year old cheddar and tossed in some Imperial cold pack cheese in case the sharp cheddar wasn't strong enough. I was snacking on these last night and have polished off half a pan by myself. They could not be easier and so very tasty! Thanks Elly!