Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These delicious burgers with pineapple, teriyaki sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, Swiss and mayo are my take on the Hawaiian Burger as served at the famous Islands restaurant. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Serve on your choice of white or whole wheat buns with sides of lightly steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots) or fresh cut fries, and you're doing the hula.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml teriyaki sauce (I use Kikkoman Terriyaki Baste and Glaze with honey and pineapple)
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 566.99 g can pineapple rings, drained
- 29.58-44.37 ml additional teriyaki sauce
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- 8 slice tomatoes
- 8 slice red onions
- fresh lettuce leaf
- 8 hamburger buns (white or whole wheat)
- teriyaki sauce, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Tear off a sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil long enough to cover entire grill grate. Make drainage holes in the non-stick foil with a grilling fork; set aside.
- Combine terriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, and salt and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 burgers, 4 inches round and 1/2-inch thick.
- Place foil sheet with holes on grill grate with non-stick (dull) side facing up. Immediately place burgers and pineapple rings on foil.
- Grill burgers and pineapple uncovered 5 minutes; turn. Brush burgers with remaining terriyaki sauce; grill 5 minutes.
- Remove pineapple rings from foil. Turn burgers; brush with terriyaki sauce. Grill 3 minutes longer or until burgers are done.
- Lightly toast hamburger buns on grill. Top burgers with 1 slice cheese before removing from grill.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise and add lettuce, onion and tomato.
- Place burgers on buns; top with grilled pineapple rings.
- Serve with additional teriyaki sauce, as desired.