1/12 Photos of Islands Bananas Foster
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2. This is a creative fusion between the New Orleans classic and the Caribbean. Simple, yet impressive.
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- vanilla ice cream, to garnish
- toasted sweetened coconut, to garnish
- 1Melt butter, brown sugar, lime juice, rum, and seasonings in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add bananas and pineapple.
- 3Saute until tender, but not soft, about 2 minutes.
- 4Serve over scoops of vanilla ice cream, garnished with coconut.
- 5**To toast your coconut, place in a nonstick skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Islands Bananas Foster
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 99.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g