Posted for Zaar World Tour 2. This is a creative fusion between the New Orleans classic and the Caribbean. Simple, yet impressive.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- vanilla ice cream, to garnish
- toasted sweetened coconut, to garnish
- Melt butter, brown sugar, lime juice, rum, and seasonings in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add bananas and pineapple.
- Saute until tender, but not soft, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over scoops of vanilla ice cream, garnished with coconut.
- **To toast your coconut, place in a nonstick skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes or until golden.
DH gave this at least 6 stars. I made this exactly as per the recipe & think it was perfect. Very quick & easy to make - can't wait to have this again. Made for ZWT5 Zingo by a Hell's Kitchen Angel.
Wow, so many of my favorite flavors in the same place. Butter, brown sugar, bananas are balanced by the allspice, rum, allspice, fresh lime juice and pineapple. Sooo delicious, and so easy!!! Big thumbs up!!!! Made for ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes.