Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this delightfully refreshing cheese ball at your next gathering.
Make and share this Islander Cheese Ball recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons green onions, including tops,chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Mix cheese and pineapple with mixer.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, salt and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Roll into one large ball, 2 logs or fill a scooped-out fresh pineapple half.
- Roll or top with remaining pecans.
- Note: Serve with bacon-flavored crackers.
- Makes about 2 cups.
This is a recipe that my mom passed along to me for gatherings. It is ALWAYS a huge hit! Thanks for posting it on this forum :)
Very good, this has a nice combo of flavors, I increased the onions slighty, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)