Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to make soups that contain a variety of fresh vegetables. I generally freeze my soups for lunches through the week. This is a nice soup that hopefully contains all the things my body needs for lunch.
- 236.59 ml Spanish onion (diced, approx 1/3 large onion)
- 118.29 ml celery rib (diced, approx 2 med stalks)
- 2 roasted garlic cloves (crushed)
- 118.29 ml carrot (diced, approx 1 medium carrot)
- 236.59 ml white potato (peeled and cubed, approx 1 medium potato)
- 0 head cauliflower (loosely chopped)
- 2 bunch broccoli (cut into florets)
- 709.77 ml old cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1656.13 ml water
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 44.37 ml chicken stock
- 3.69 ml smoked paprika
- 118.29 ml heavy cream (to taste)
- In a large stock pot, over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- add potato, carrot, onion and garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- add broccoli, cauliflower and celery, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- add cold water and chicken stock, bring to boil.
- reduce heat to medium-low and cover for 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- add cheese and smoked paprika stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- puree in small batches with hand mixer in two separate mixing bowls (large mixing bowl to hold puree, small mixing bowl to puree, don't puree in stock pot).
- *optional* freeze portions now before adding heavy cream.
- return to clean saucepan, heat over medium heat.
- add heavy cream, stir and serve.
- *optional* garnish with blanched or steamed floret and a dash of smoked paprika.
This soup was satisfying and delicious! I used a sweet potato instead of regular because I was out, but it didn't seem to affect the color or taste. I sauteed veggies and then cooked in pressure cooker. Thanks for posting!<br/>Roxygirl