1/18 Photos of Islander Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
I like to make soups that contain a variety of fresh vegetables. I generally freeze my soups for lunches through the week. This is a nice soup that hopefully contains all the things my body needs for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Spanish onion (diced, approx 1/3 large onion)
- 1/2 cup celery rib (diced, approx 2 med stalks)
- 2 roasted garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 cup carrot (diced, approx 1 medium carrot)
- 1 cup white potato (peeled and cubed, approx 1 medium potato)
- 1/3 head cauliflower (loosely chopped)
- 2 bunches broccoli (cut into florets)
- 3 cups old cheddar cheese (grated)
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (to taste)
- 1In a large stock pot, over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- 2add potato, carrot, onion and garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 3add broccoli, cauliflower and celery, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4add cold water and chicken stock, bring to boil.
- 5reduce heat to medium-low and cover for 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6add cheese and smoked paprika stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- 7remove from heat.
- 8puree in small batches with hand mixer in two separate mixing bowls (large mixing bowl to hold puree, small mixing bowl to puree, don't puree in stock pot).
- 9*optional* freeze portions now before adding heavy cream.
- 10return to clean saucepan, heat over medium heat.
- 11add heavy cream, stir and serve.
- 12*optional* garnish with blanched or steamed floret and a dash of smoked paprika.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Islander Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 521.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g