1/1 Photo of Island Yum-Yum Chicken
4 hrs 45 mins
I spent a number of years working as a counselor in refugee shelters. One of the cooks gave me this recipe. It's delicious and even though there is a long list of ingredients, you will probably have most on hand! This is savory comfort food with a bit of a twist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar or 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Prepare chicken, wash and rinse with lemon or vinegar.
- 2Season with soy sauce and garlic, paprika, oregano, celery salt, cloves, pepper, and rosemary.
- 3Marinade for 2 to 6 hours.
- 4Coat chicken in beaten egg and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 5Place chicken on greased baking sheet.
- 6Put a speck of butter or margarine on each piece of chicken.
- 7Bake at 350°F for an hour or until juices run clear.
- 8When chicken is done, prepare the gravy.
- 9Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- 10Sauté onion and peppers.
- 11Add drippings from chicken.
- 12Stir in 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and stock or water.
- 13Serve baked chicken with gravy on top.
- 14This is a great meal with some roasted potatoes and a fresh green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Yum-Yum Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.3
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 210.1 mg
- Sodium 1204.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: