Island Tuna and Pineapple
- Drain the canned pineapple chunks, reserving the juice.
- In a bowl, combine the juice from the pineapple, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, water and cornstarch. Whisk together very well until smooth, then set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat until very hot. Add onion and pepper and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add pineapple chunks and stir-fry for about another 30 seconds. Add tuna and stir-fry gently for about another 15 seconds.
- Stir reserved liquid mixture again, then pour over tuna pineapple mixture. Stir gently to combine, bring to a boil, and cook just until thickened.
- If desired, stir in tomato wedges until heated through.
- Serve on hot cooked rice.