Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Flour tortillas stuffed with marinated chicken,teriyaki sauce,jack cheese,pineapple,lettuce, tomatoes & scallions.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, from pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (or dry)
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 12 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (green part only)
- Make the teriyaki sauce by whisking cornstarch with water in a medium bowl. Add remaining sauce ingredients and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool before you use it for marinating .
- Set aside 1 cup of the sauce. Use remaining sauce and pour over the chicken tenderloins in a medium bowl. Cover and let marinate 6 hours.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium low heat. lightly oil skillet and saute chicken in a pan for 8-10 minutes or till cooks through and browned. slice each chicken into 3 or 4 pieces and put in a medium bowl.Microwave the reserved cup of teriyaki sauce for 30-60 seconds and pour sauce over sliced chicken in the bowl.
- Preheat another skillet over medium heat. Toss a tortilla into the pan for a minute, then flip over and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese across the center. Let tortilla sit in pan until cheese starts melting. Remove tortilla and spoon equivalent of 1 chicken tenderloin into the tortilla. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of teriyaki sauce ( from reserved sauce poured over chicken) over the chicken in each taco.
- Arrange the rest of the taco with shredded lettuce, 1 or 2 tablespoons of pineapple and tomato, and a few green onion pieces. Repeat the process for the remaining tacos.