Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I got this recipe from a local newspaper, I most always make this as a side dish along with a turkey dinner....very delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup bottled mango chutney, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling water until tender; drain, reserve some cooking liquid.
- In a small pan, melt butter.
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger until soft but not brown.
- Add curry powder, and cook 1 minute more.
- Puree potatoes and carrots using a food processor, food mill, or mash with potato masher.
- Mix in curry mixture and chutney; if mixture is too thick, thin with reserved cooking liquid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.