Recipe by cookCol
For as long as I can remember, when my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner this was my choice. It is to this day still one of my favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in hot oil in skillet. Drain.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Add water to syrup to make 3/4 cup.
- Stir syrup and barbecue sauce into browned meat.
- Cover; simmer until meat is tender, about 40-45 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 T. water; stir into meat.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add pineapple and green pepper; heat through.
- Serve over rice.