Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A unique recipe posted in response to a recipe request.
- 1 large breadfruit (full, but not ripe)
- 3⁄4 lb lean hamburger
- 3⁄4 lb ham, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- salt, to taste
- island spice jamaican jerk spice, to taste (or the jerk seasoning mixture of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Peel and parboil breadfruit whole in salted water; remove from water and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Lightly fry chopped onion, green onion and tomato in butter; add minced meats and cook until meat is almost done.
- From stalk end of the cooled breadfruit, cut out the core and scoop out enough of the pulp to make room for the meat stuffing.
- Fill the cavity with meat mixture.
- Bake in oven till soft and of a nice golden brown colour, about 50 minutes.