Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Hormel's Spam website and thought that it sounded tasty and easy to create. It looks like their version of spam fried rice.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, classic cut into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- In large skillet, lightly brown spam, onion, and garlic.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper before serving.
A quick and easy lunch for one of those fright nights when everyone's going in different directions. Made for Spring 09 PAC
This was for lunch today. So simple and with such few ingredients but it has a wonderful savory flavor!!! I used the SPAM LITE instead of their Classic. I really like the LITE much better. I enjoyed the 'dash' of red pepper but the preschool crowd thought a 'half a dash' would be better. The bay leaf was left whole so I could fish it out before serving. I will be making this again. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game