Another recipe for my stove-top smoker. Posting this for ZWT III tour. Great for entertaining . . . smoke in advance, then place on grill to brown. Prep time does not include marinade time.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix remaining ingredients and marinate chicken overnight.
- When ready to cook, add alder chips to bottom of smoker.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pour 1/4 of the marinade into the prepared drip tray.
- Smoke for 25 minutes (on stove-top or on grill, following manufacturers instructions).
- Brush with a little marinade and grill or broil until crispy brown.
I LOVE my stove top smoker and really enjoyed your recipe, something different from the usual. I used your Limeade in the marinade. Instead of alder wood chips I used cherry, and finished them up under the broiler. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for ZWT5 for Hell's Kitchen Angels.