Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old Bon Appetit recipe I have filed.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, cut into spears
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1 -2 kiwi fruit, sliced
- 1 -2 head butter lettuce
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
For the garnish
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 bunch seedless grapes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mint
- Arrange the shrimp and fruit attractively on a large platter or on individual plates.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients except the mayonnaise in a food processor and blend until fluffy. Fold the mixture into the mayonnaise.
- Place a dollop of dressing on each salad (or serve the dressing around the table when you serve from the platter).
- Garnish the salad with the toasted coconut, macadamia nuts, the bunch of grapes dvided into several little bunches, and the mint.