Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (4 lb) frying chickens, cut into small pieces (you can use any chicken pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- coarsely cracked black pepper
- Wash the chicken in cold water, dry with paper towels, then rub skin with 1 garlic clove.
- Mix together the key lime juice, soy sauce, and the remaining garlic cloves.
- Marinate refrigerated, overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Heat a 10-12" frying pan and add olive oil.
- When oil begins to smell fragrant, add the chicken pieces.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Brown on both sides over high heat, then add onions and remaining marinade.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about an hour, or until done.