Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Food & Wine. This is so pretty!
- 1⁄4 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb French haricots vert or 1⁄4 lb thin green beans
- 1⁄2 lb mesclun
- 1⁄2 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a blender, combine the onion with the vinegar, shallot, soy sauce and ginger and puree.
- Add the oil and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the haricots verts in boiling salted water until barely tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the avocado, mango, bell pepper, cucumber, haricots verts and the dressing.
- Mound the salad on plates and serve.