Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From At Blanchard’s Table
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook the shallots until soft. Add the rice and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut, broth, and raisins, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until all the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork, add the parsley, and taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.