1/1 Photo of Island Rice Bowls
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on a food blog, http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-12-01T18%3A52%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=20 I'm posting it here so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces teriyaki sauce (Yoshida's sauce)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- 1Place the chicken into a ziploc bag and pour about 1/3 of the bottle of Yoshida's. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal, and place on a plate or in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2Remove chicken from the fridge and either BBQ or bake (at 425 for about 25 min) until cooked through.
- 3After fully cooked, cut up into small cubes (wrap in tin foil to keep warm if needed).
- 4In a large skillet, stir fry broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and red pepper (and optional celery) in a little bit of the Yoshida's sauce until all veggies become tender.
- 5Pour remaining Yoshida's sauce into a small saucepan. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low until ready to serve (stirring often).
- 7Serve by layering 1 Celsius of rice in each bowl, 1/4 of the veggies (more or less), 1/4 of the chicken, then about 1/4 Celsius of sauce (more or less) drizzled over the top of each bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Rice Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 3443.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 45.7 g