Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on a food blog, http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-12-01T18%3A52%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=20 I'm posting it here so I don't lose it.
- 12 ounces teriyaki sauce (Yoshida's sauce)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- Place the chicken into a ziploc bag and pour about 1/3 of the bottle of Yoshida's. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal, and place on a plate or in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and either BBQ or bake (at 425 for about 25 min) until cooked through.
- After fully cooked, cut up into small cubes (wrap in tin foil to keep warm if needed).
- In a large skillet, stir fry broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and red pepper (and optional celery) in a little bit of the Yoshida's sauce until all veggies become tender.
- Pour remaining Yoshida's sauce into a small saucepan. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low until ready to serve (stirring often).
- Serve by layering 1 Celsius of rice in each bowl, 1/4 of the veggies (more or less), 1/4 of the chicken, then about 1/4 Celsius of sauce (more or less) drizzled over the top of each bowl.
We really enjoyed this meal! I used fresh ginger that I minced along with the garlic & chose not to use the celery. Great flavor, not too filling but definitely hearty. The chicken marinated 24 hours then baked per the recipe & was nice & tender. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Tinat! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.