1/1 Photo of Island Rice Bowls
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on a food blog, http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-12-01T18%3A52%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=20 I'm posting it here so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces teriyaki sauce (Yoshida's sauce)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- 1Place the chicken into a ziploc bag and pour about 1/3 of the bottle of Yoshida's. Squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal, and place on a plate or in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2Remove chicken from the fridge and either BBQ or bake (at 425 for about 25 min) until cooked through.
- 3After fully cooked, cut up into small cubes (wrap in tin foil to keep warm if needed).
- 4In a large skillet, stir fry broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and red pepper (and optional celery) in a little bit of the Yoshida's sauce until all veggies become tender.
- 5Pour remaining Yoshida's sauce into a small saucepan. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low until ready to serve (stirring often).
- 7Serve by layering 1 Celsius of rice in each bowl, 1/4 of the veggies (more or less), 1/4 of the chicken, then about 1/4 Celsius of sauce (more or less) drizzled over the top of each bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Rice Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 3443.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 45.7 g