Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another yummy way to make a reuben. From BH&G.
- 8 slices dark rye bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup bottled thousand island dressing
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, sliced
- 6 ounces cooked ham, sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup canned sauerkraut, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices red onions
- Place bread slices on an extra large baking sheet.
- Spread one side of each slice with Thousand Island dressing.
- Top half of the bread slices with turkey, ham, and swiss cheese.
- Top remaining bread slices w/sauerkraut, crushed pineapple, cheddar, and onion.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Carefully top turkey-topped bread slices with sauerkraut-topped slices, onion sides down.