1/10 Photos of Island Pork Tenderloin (Optional Salad)
1 hr 30 mins
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This is the most awesome pork tenderlion ever!! It is from Bon Appetit and is a very poplular "internet recipe"...(I can't believe no one has posted it here yet!) Posting this for ZWT II, Jamaica! The whole recipe includes the pork and salad, which is a lovely salad, but after making it the first time, I usually just make the pork and skip the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin (approx. weight)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (not light)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Tabasco)
FOR SALAD VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with spice rub.
- 3Heat oil in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown pork, turning, about 4 minutes total. Leave pork in skillet.
- 4Make glaze and roast pork:.
- 5Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat onto top of each tenderloin. Roast in middle of oven until thermometer inserted diagonally in center of each tenderloin registers 140°F, about 20 minutes. Let pork stand in skillet at room temperature 10 minutes. (Temperature will rise to about 155°F while standing.).
- 6Make vinaigrette while pork roasts:.
- 7Whisk together juices, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper, then add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
- 8Prepare salad ingredients while pork stands:.
- 9Cut peel, including white pith, from oranges with a sharp knife, then cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Toss spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, and raisins in a large bowl with about 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Halve, pit, and peel avocados, then cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 10Assemble salad:.
- 11Cut pork at a 45-degree angle into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Line a large platter with dressed salad and arrange sliced pork, oranges, and avocados in rows on top. Drizzle some vinaigrette over avocados and oranges. Pour any juices from skillet over pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Pork Tenderloin (Optional Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.8
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 1188.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 51.2 g
- Protein 35.6 g