1/1 Photo of Island Plunder Rum Cake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This rum cake is inspired by island ingredients and adds coconut, peaches, lime, ginger and honey to a traditional rum cake. Crystalized ginger is sweetened ginger and is great in baked goods. It can be purchased in many specialty stores and in spice aisles of most supermarkets. You may use a dark rum, if preferred. *Caution, if you are using a cake mix that already has pudding in it, omit the box of pudding in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 15 1/4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 1/2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup canned peaches, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- 3Using a blender, pulse peaches until liquid.
- 4Mix all cake ingredients together including peaches, except raisins. Pour mixture into bundt pan. Add golden raisins, distributing evenly.
- 5Bake for 1 hour. Test with toothpick. If inserted toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. Cool for ½ hour.
- 6Invert on a cakeplate. Remove from pan.
- 7Poke holes in cake using a fork.
- 8Pour glaze equally over the cake to distribute.
- 9For glaze:.
- 10Melt butter in pan.
- 11Stir in water and rum.
- 12Add honey and boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Add zest of one lime.
- 15*You may use ground ginger in place of crystallized ginger in the cake mixture, but use ½ amount.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Plunder Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.7
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 440.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of