Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
If you like the combination of pineapple and cottage cheese, you'll like this simple & tasty gelatin salad. It's delicious as is, or to dress it up, scoop it onto a lettuce leaf with a little mayo on the side. Be sure to use pineapple canned in its own juice, and don't leave out a drop. Cook time is chill time. Enjoy!
- 1 (3 ounce) packageisland pineapple flavor Jello gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- Pour the Jello mix into a heat proof bowl, about 4 cups in size. Carefully pour in the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate about 50 to 70 minutes. You want the gelatin to be liquid enough to easily stir things in thoroughly, but stiff enough to suspend things evenly without separating into layers.
- When the gelatin is about the right consistency, stir in the cottage cheese and the pineapple with all of the juice. Stir until everything is evenly and thoroughly mixed together. Cover and chill until firm, about two hours.
I love fruit in my cottage cheese and this is a really nice salad! Easy to make and so refreshing. Thanks for posting this Lori. Made for New Kid on the Block Tag.