Recipe by Queenofcamping
This is a great yellow rice dish. It is really good with calypso chicken dish that I just posted.
Top Review by MissTrina1974
I am preparing this rice recipe for my co-workers today. I was intrigued by the ingredients. I thought it was salty at first until I threw the peas in. It is a very colorful dish and mother said it was delicious. The jury is still out for me. Cook time is not long enough, I would honestly cook it another 10 minutes, 20 minutes even if you are making this for a large group. I plan to make again just tweaking a few things.
- 382.71 g can coconut milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 7.39 ml caribbean jerk seasoning
- 283.49 g package yellow rice mix
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk, chicken broth, raisins, and jerk seasoning in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
- Stir rice mix into boiling mixture.
- cover, return to boil, and cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to low:cook 20 minutes covered, without stirring, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in peas cover and cook 5-6 minutes until peas are heated.