Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These melt-in-your-mouth pancakes make a special breakfast treat!
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, milk, oil, banana, eggs, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to oat mixture. Beat well.
- In a small saucepan, blend the cornstarch and syrup until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until syrup begins to thicken. Stir in pineapple pieces and remove from heat.
- Heat griddle (when a drop of water dripped onto the griddle sizzles, it's ready). Spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour batter onto hot griddle, about 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook until batter bubbles and edges begin to look dry. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with warm pineapple sauce.
Made these tonight as a breakfast for dinner dish. Everyone loved the banana in the cakes. The sauce could very well be used on other dishes like waffles or biscuits! Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
Yummy...these pancakes are nice by themselves but with the sauce...mmmm delish!
Delicious pancakes! We really enjoyed these for breakfast this morning. The pancakes and the pineapple syrup are both very tasty. I couldn't resist adding a handful of shredded coconut to the batter...yum! Made for PRMR.