1/6 Photos of Island Mango Tilapia
A great recipe from the big island of Hawaii! Courtesy of Eileen Goltz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped,to taste (use what you like)
- 14.78 ml minced garlic
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 473.18 ml chopped peeled mangoes
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar or 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme or 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 (680.38 g) tilapia fillets
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Combine chile pepper, garlic and shallots in a food processor, and process until minced.
- 2Add the mango, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, salt and olive oil; process until smooth.
- 3Place the mango mixture and the fish in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 4Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade.
- 5Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Prepare the grill or broiler.
- 9Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 10Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 11Serve with mango sauce.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Mango Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g