Recipe by Sharon123
A great recipe from the big island of Hawaii! Courtesy of Eileen Goltz.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
A great 10 star recipe, full of taste and pow! I upped the jalapeno a bit, because we love spicy here, and this was totally wonderful both in taste, and as pretty as a button to serve for company. Mango's are just so darn delish, this really is such a balanced taste, perfect in every way! Thanks, Sharon! Made for ZWT7
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped,to taste (use what you like)
- 14.78 ml minced garlic
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 473.18 ml chopped peeled mangoes
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar or 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme or 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 (680.38 g) tilapia fillets
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chile pepper, garlic and shallots in a food processor, and process until minced.
- Add the mango, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, salt and olive oil; process until smooth.
- Place the mango mixture and the fish in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare the grill or broiler.
- Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango sauce.