1/6 Photos of Island Mango Tilapia
A great recipe from the big island of Hawaii! Courtesy of Eileen Goltz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped,to taste (use what you like)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Combine chile pepper, garlic and shallots in a food processor, and process until minced.
- 2Add the mango, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, salt and olive oil; process until smooth.
- 3Place the mango mixture and the fish in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 4Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade.
- 5Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Prepare the grill or broiler.
- 9Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 10Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 11Serve with mango sauce.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Mango Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g