- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml rum flavoring
- 591.47 ml chicken broth
- 170.09 g package long grain and wild rice blend
- 118.29 ml salted cashews, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken well in oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Combine corn syrup, lime peel, lime juice and rum flavoring; pour over chicken. Reduce heat, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in contents of rice and seasoning packets; bring to a boil. Cover tightly; cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cashews. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Remove excess fat from pan drippings with paper toweling. Bring pan drippings to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to glaze consistency. Arrange rice and chicken on serving platter. Spoon glaze over chicken.