This is sumptuous! A great recipe for entertaining too.
Make and share this Island Lime Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Brown chicken well in oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Combine corn syrup, lime peel, lime juice and rum flavoring; pour over chicken. Reduce heat, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in contents of rice and seasoning packets; bring to a boil. Cover tightly; cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cashews. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Remove excess fat from pan drippings with paper toweling. Bring pan drippings to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to glaze consistency. Arrange rice and chicken on serving platter. Spoon glaze over chicken.
Dinner's ready and ooooh, would you pick up some Ben & Jerry's on your way, will ya? Made for PAC Fall 2011.