Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I was in the mood for something different today and this is what I came up with.
Top Review by jackstorey
Just made this for a quick solo dinner meal, and it was pretty delicious. I would probably use better (read: sturdier) bread next time, and add a bit more cream cheese, but this was really solid - very quick - solution in a moment of hunger. I appreciate a creative take on an easy idea, and this definitely qualifies. I'll be making this again, with a bit more trial and error to see where I can take this.
- 2 slices rye bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 2 ounces pineapple tidbits or 2 ounces pineapple slices, drained
- 4 slices deli ham (thin slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one slice of bread and place in cold skillet, butter side down.
- Spread cream cheese on bread in skillet. Arrange pineapple on cream cheese, using enough to cover. Layer ham slices on top. Top with other slice of bread and butter the outside of that slice.
- Fry over medium heat until toasted, flip and continue until both sides are toasted and filling is warmed.