Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hvar is island on Croatian coast. There are various kinds of salsa, this is how I've learned to make. Salsa can be basic for many dishes, for example: you can add olives, salted fish, shells, crabs etc. You can eat it with potato gnocchi, rice, and everything...
- 500 g chopped tomatoes (or 1 can pelati tomatoes)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sugar (to taste)
- marjoram or oregano or basil
- Heat the oil and put garlic for a few seconds to fry.
- Add tomato can (or finely sliced whole tomatoes).
- Add salt and sugar and cook 20 minute.
- Pour over spaghetti (add Parmesan if you like).