Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had never eaten lamb before until a friend invited me for supper. After the meal I asked for the recipe for the glaze she had used on the beef and to my amazement it was lamb she had served. Since then I have made this glaze a few times for the lamb I have come to enjoy.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a med-low and simmer uncovered 15 - 20 mins.or desired consistency.
- Glaze leg of lamb every 15 minute for the last hour hour of baking.