1/2 Photos of Island Girl Orange Grilled Chicken Paillards/Cutlets
Flattened chicken breasts cook very quickly--so don't leave them on the grill too long or they'll dry out (ewww!). Original recipe comes from *Living*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine marmalade, juices, leaves, 1 teaspoons salt and pepper; mix well, then reserve 1/2°C glaze for serving.
- 2Preheat grill to medium high.
- 3Season chicken with salt & pepper; place on grill and brush with half of glaze.
- 4Grill three minutes, then flip & brush with remaining glaze; continue grilling until chicken is cooked through (3 minutes more).
- 5Place chicken on serving platter & keep warm.
- 6Slice one orance into rounds, the other into wedges; place oranges on grill, flipping once until softened (1-2 minutes per side).
- 7Add oranges to chicken on platter; serve with reserved glaze.
- 8IS THE MEAT DONE? With a very sharp knife, nick the meat with the knife-tip--the meat should be white and moist--NOT pink.
- 9PREPARING CUTLETS: Easiest to do when the meat is partially frozen, remove tenderloin (the loose part) & set aside for some other use. Lay cutlet on board, with hand over the top, and cut with very sharp knife going horizontally under your hand (half-way through the meat). You should have two fairly equal pieces of meat.
- 10To pound cutlets into thin paillards: place meat on plastic wrap with about a half-teaspoon of olive oil, plastic wrap on top, then pound with SIDE of kitchen mallet.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Island Girl Orange Grilled Chicken Paillards/Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g