Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was given to me years ago by a friend. Man, is it good! It's a cake that everyone likes.
- 1 dash canola oil cooking spray (1 spray)
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded (about 7 oz. or 2 medium carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium mango, ripe, peeled and pitted
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs (or egg substitute equaling 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly packed
- 4 ounces dates, chopped (about 15 pitted dates)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, roasted
- 16 ounces cream cheese (plain)
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow cream (or gelatin free substitute)
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray spring form pan with Pam.
- Coarsely shred the carrots until they measure about 2 cups lightly packed and uncooked.
- Place shredded carrots in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of water and cover with a plate and microwave on high for 5 minutes, then drain out excess water and set aside.
- The carrots should measure about 1 1/2 cups once cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut mango and process or blend (without the pit, of course) until smooth puree.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of pureed mango and reserve the rest for other use (dessert sauce, smoothie, daiquiri, food fight, etc.).
- Next, process or blend crushed pineapple; measure out 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Into large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, eggs and oil; mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mango puree, 1/2 cup pineapple puree, vanilla, spices and carrots.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix just until blended.
- Stir in coconut, dates and walnuts, and transfer to spring form pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, then frost with Dream Please Icing.
- DREAM PLEASE ICING:.
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Once cake has cooled completely, frost away.
Made this cake many times and it is DELICIOUS! Thank You for the recipe. Will keep making the recipe. I substitute the eggs with flax-seed and bananas. Next time will try something new to make the cake a little different. Thanks!