Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fruit juice based smoothie with no milk or ice cream. I found this in the Moore local newspaper. I have yet to try this, but it sounds good to me!
- 2 cups tampico island fruit punch, chilled
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, frozen,fresh,or canned
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the blender or food processor; cover.
- Blend for 2 minutes at low speed; continue to blend at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Garnish the glasses with a thin wedge of pinapple.
Wow - my son just declared this is new favorite beverage! I love how healthy it is for him and he loves the taste. I could not find the brand of fruit juice you called for so I used a 100% all natural fruit juice that included pineapple, mango and strawberry juices. Absolutely terrific and so simple to throw together! Made for the fun The Circus Has Come! Photo Forum event July 2012.
Yum. We enjoyed this. I had some Tropicana Island fruit punch to use up. It is not orange based like tampico, but I thought it would work and it did. My bananas were frozen and I used a little more than 1 cup of pineapple because I had it leftover from an open can. Very nice afternoon snack that was easily divided three ways. Thanks.
Fantastic, my kids loved it, but so did the adults. Tampico made it really refreshing.