Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe for Sweet and Sour Fish basically and it is good!
Make and share this Island Fried Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs cod, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple, drained (reserve 2 tblsp)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (11 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with a little pineapple juice)
- pineapple chunk, added last
- Cut the cod into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Marinade for 1/2 hour in 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- In a sauce pot combine all the ingredients for sauce up to cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil and then add the cornstarch mixture continuing to boil until thickened. Add pineapple chunks.
- Have enough hot oil heating to fry fish pieces (I use a wok).
- Combine all the batter ingredients together to the consistency of heavy ceam.
- Dip cod into batter and deep fry fish. Drain arrange on platter and top with sauce.
- Serve with rice.