Recipe by Mirj
This is the easiest way to make sweet and sour chicken.
Top Review by asil
This recipe was sooo easy and we all loved it!! I changed it slightly by adding onion,carrot and green beans and omitting the capsicum.Also I took the chicken from the bones and thickened the sauce in a saucepan on the stove just before serving.WONDERFUL!!
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices in syrup
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green pepper, cut in squares
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- Put chicken parts in bottom of slow-cooker.
- Mix together pineapple syrup, chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan.
- Heat until brown sugar dissolves.
- Pour over chicken.
- Heat on high for one hour.
- Add pineapple chunks, garlic and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 7- 9 hours.
- Half an hour before serving mix together cornstarch and water and add to the slow-cooker.